Tuesday 3 January 2012

2012

So it's 2012. My second year with my blog!

When I started off, I didn't expect to still be posting after a month, as I usually give up with stuff like this. In the first year I have received just over 14000 views and I still can't believe it. I didn't think I'd get anywhere near this much recognition with my posts, so thank you to every single person who has visited, even if it has just been to read one blog post or just voted on a poll- it means a lot that people have taken their time out to visit my blog.
Not only that, I have been lucky in the response and opportunities I have received in 2011. I got the chance to help out Lionsgate with The Hunger Games by participating in testimonials about the books and what I am hoping for from the film. I got a chance to see The Lion King in 3D a month before it's UK release from Disney which I am extremely lucky and thankful for. Back in August I attended (I brought tickets myself so it wasn't an opportunity) a day at the Empire Big Screen which was fantastic! There I met a fellow film blogger iamnotwaynegale and have since been very happy to write a few words about trailer releases over at her site for the past few months. James King reviewed a review I made for a Virgin Media Short back in November which is very overwhelming to think of, I am very lucky.

Reviewing each film I saw at the cinema last year what a bigger task than I expected. But I'm glad I persevered because by looking at my first review (don't look too much, it's awful!) and my last one, I can see a clear improvement in the way I construct my reviews. My writing has improved the most which is my main achievement. I still have a long way to go before I am at any type of professional standard, but I'm happy with how I have progressed.

This year I hope to continue in writing reviews and hopefully more film related posts. A few new polls, some film news here and there and some round ups of winners and events at awards season! I am aiming to review cinema releases like I did this year, but with my 6th form work and exams, it's going to have to be second priority. My plan is to still review a film even if I don't end up posting it a few days, weeks or even a month after my viewing. Instead of new releases, I will also aim to write a few reviews of films I see on DVD or TV as I adore old cinema just as much as upcoming releases.

Who knows what 2012 will bring! Un-film related, I have exams in a few months, my first plane journey and a big birthday towards the latter of the year. As for films, I'm mostly excited for my big 5- The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-man, The Avengers, The Hunger Games, The Hobbit as well as Brave, Snow White and the Huntsmen, Prometheus, Dark Shadows and The Perks of being a Wallflower. Then there are other, smaller, films which I am anticipating.

Here's to 2012! If you are still reading then I hope you have a great 2012!

Happy Feet 2
On Christmas Eve I saw Happy Feet 2 but because of Christmas, I had no time to write a review. In case anyone is interested in my view on the film...
I enjoyed it. The baby penguins are cute but it's nowhere near as good as the first film. It broke records the first film and you can see why. The second feels too much similar and at parts it just felt over repeating. I laughed at it though because of the krill (Matt Damon and Brad Pitt) they were hilarious. Probably unneeded but they did their job right. My younger cousins enjoyed it which is all I'm happy about.
2.5/5
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...