Saturday 16 July 2011

I was going to review Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2..

But I don't want to make a full one because as much as it's obviously a film I've seen at the cinema and I said I was going to review every film I see, it's a little more to me than that. If I review it, look deep into it and compare it to stuff it will take the fun out of it for me. It's part my childhood, I'm a big Harry Potter fan and I'm just sad it's over. I'll probably get upset if I review it. It might sound melodramatic but hey that's me.
Instead I'll give it a rating of 5/5 and mention a few points..

It's my favourite Harry Potter film. I've read the book but the films are not the book, just adaptations so film wise, everything that takes place in the film I wanted to happen and I'm glad it did. Apart from the deaths of course but, that's what makes the Harry Potter series so meaningful, worthy and remarkable. To get to the ending, lives are lost because they'd rather fight for the good, against the dark Lord. Ok I should stop I don't want to ruin it for anyone.
The acting is phenomenal, especially Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith. The golden trio are fantastic and I love each character's development from the first film to the last- Neville Longbottom particularly..
Watching a Harry Potter film each day this week in the run up to the final hasn't helped my sensitiveness around the Harry Potter films ending at all. If anything, made it worse. But it's all so worth it. The film is fantastic and spectacular and I might be a biased Potterhead but I can assure you, even if you haven't read the books (I don't know why you wouldn't have) or don't follow the films that well, the last one will have your heart rate at 200 beats per minute, you will probably cry- happy tears and sad and at the end, you will realise the impact that J. K Rowling and Harry Potter have had on our lives.
Ok. This was more of a review than I planned.

Aside from my Harry Potter mini review, I thought I'd do a small update on a few film related things.

It's been a while since I've posted about films I've watched for the first time either on DVD or TV (not recent cinema releases). Here's a round up:
Catfish (2010)     3/5
Duets (2000)     2/5
About A Boy (2002)    4/5
Marks Attacks (1996)    3/5
Starter for 10 (2006)    3/5
Mary and Max (2009)    5/5
Three and Out (2008)    2/5
Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs (2009)    3/5
She's Out Of My League (210)    3.5/5
Orphan (2009)    4/5
Holiday (1938)    3/5
Fargo (1996)    4/5
Letters To Juliet (2010)    2/5
Insomnia (2002)    4/5
Gangs Of New York (2002)    4/5
Tron (1982)    3/5
Jackass 3 (2010)    4/5
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)    4/5
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)    3/5
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)    2/5
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)     3/5

As you can see, a stunning and incredible teaser poster for The Dark Knight Rises was released this week as well as a teaser trailer appearing in front of most Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 showings.
I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan and many of his films are some of my favourite films ever, The Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and Inception.
I can't say much, it's a brilliant poster and I'm so excited. That's it really about the poster.
Personally I loved the teaser trailer, I thought it was exciting and didn't give anything away because it's not meant to. We see that it's going to be dark, it's going to be fast and there is going to be some tough, bulky villain (Bane of course). I got even more excited when "The Fire Rises" audio clip (that first appeared on the official website a few months back) was played at the end of the teaser.
As the poster says it's got a Summer 2012 release date, another year but it'll be worth the wait I know.


It's a great week for handsome superhero films!
Entertainment Weekly blessed us this week with official stills and photographs from the upcoming The Amazing Spider-man that is released July of next year. To see the full set of pictures in HD click here but so I don't go on too much I've chosen my four favourite pictures to post on my blog.
If you want to see more pictures including pictures of Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben and Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors / The Lizard, then visit the site.
If you know me, you know why I chose these pictures as my favourite. Andrew Garfield is a handsome, yet nerdy and perfect choice for Peter Parker. One of the stills shows off his agility powers he will gain and also his bond with the beautiful Gwen Stacy. The costume looks fantastic and I'd say more attractive compared to Toby Maguire's Spider-man costume. and all round these are perfect snaps to get us excited for the film!

Not much to say here about the film though, we know the villain and the basic story. It's going to be in 3D which could work well with spider webs. Actor wise, I know Andrew Garfield is going to be the perfect Parker/Spider-man and have every bit of faith that Emma Stonefangirl.

MY POLL IS STILL RUNNING.

PLEASE VOTE

If you have read this post (you lovely person you, I would give you a prize like a car or puppy but I don't have one to give away) then thank you.
A quick addition to this post to say if you've voted on my poll on the right hand side of my blog already (again, you really are lovely and I am forever thankful for your act of kindness) but if not, it would mean a great deal to me if you could!

Thanks for reading!
Nadine, out.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...