Monday 18 April 2011

Winnie The Pooh (2011)








Running Time: 74 mins
Directed By:
Stephen J. Anderson, Don Hall
Starring: (voice) Jim Cumming, John Cleese, Bud Luckey, Craig Ferguson, Tom Kenny, Travis Oates
Screenplay: Based on the books by A.A. Milne
UK Release Date: 15th April 2011

Quick Plot: Winnie The Pooh is back and brighter than ever. Christopher Robin has left a note which reveals that he has been taken by the dreaded 'Backson' so Pooh and the gang are on a special mission to capture the 'Backson' and save Christopher Robin.

Review: It's clear to see from my previous review of Tangled I am in love with everything Disney. So when I first heard there was to be a new Winnie The Pooh, I was ecstatic, much more so because I knew my younger cousins loved the old films, I knew I had to take them to see it. So today, I took my 4 year old cousins for their first ever trip to the cinema and I hope they had a good experience.
The film is no better or no worse than the original 1997 feature length film, which is one of my personal favourite Disney films, but this time the film has a cleaner and neater feel to it. Even with the previous decades installments of the Tigger, Piglet and Heffalump movie, Winnie The Pooh 2011 is certainly one of the most original.
The characters are still as lovable as ever, even with new voices it was as if no time had passed in the Hundred Acre Wood. Delightfully the design of the film is changeless, Christopher Robin's bedroom, the story book, stuffed animals and the words on the screen as the film advances are still as enchanting.
Now I'm 16 (oh how sad of me to be reviewing Winnie The Pooh at this age) and watching this tale, I found even the littlest of details humorous. My younger cousins laughed lots at the characters, but I found the dialogue even funnier. For example, Eeyore is so depressing you don't realise it at a young age. When Pooh thinks Owl has a cold, Eeyore automatically thinks he'll catch it because everything bad happens to Eeyore. Or when Owl could fly out of the hole but stayed their because he wasn't smart enough to fly. (Maybe you'll have to see it to understand what I'm revealing) Just little things I found so much more amusing because I understood the dialogue and storyline.
One thing I am quite surprised I liked was the soundtrack because once I found out Zooey Deschanel was covering the classic song for the film, I was curious as to whether or not it would go with the theme of Winnie The Pooh. I like Deschanel, I think she's a good actress and a good singer, I just thought she was going to let down the film but I was sorely mistaken because it matched the cleaner feel of everything.  Below I will post a link to the theme song.
Though, what I didn't enjoy as much was the Short Film at the beginning 'Nessie'. Usually I'm a fan of Disney Shorts, but this time around I didn't enjoy it. I thought it was slightly boring, probably because there was a stupid programme at the beginning of some rip off Peter Pan kids on Neverland who were battling against Captain Hook because he stole their goldfish.
I'm being fussy now.  
Winnie The Pooh 2011 is a heartwarming, adorable, family film which has everything you expect from Pooh and the gang. If you're a fan of Pooh and other Disney films, this is a must see.

Winnie The Pooh trailer




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. aww...weird...the winnie the pooh movie was already released in your country? wow we have to wait like 2 months or so...I am not a Pooh fan but rather a Tigger fan but I think I'll watch this movie...dont worry about being too old for these movies I am 17 and I still love Disney, that's maybe why I want to study Animation..Great Review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...