Saturday 12 March 2011

Rango (2011)






(Note: I've proof read this about 4 times already and it still has a few grammar errors, I apologise. It doesn't make much sense but it's early in the morning and my brain isn't switched on)


Running Time: 107 Minutes
Directed By:
Gore Verbinski
Starring:(voice) Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Bill Nighy, Ray Winstone
Screenplay: John Logan
UK Release Date: 4th March 2011

Quick Plot:  Rango was a pet lizard until his owners car runs had to make a quick turn consquenting in Rango and his cage to fall out of the car and land in the desert. He soon has to adapt to life in the desert and later meets another lizard called Beans, who takes him to her town of Dirt. Dirt is mysteriously low on water and in the middle of a drought, with people unhappy about this, Rango decides to be the hero he is and find water.

Review: I first heard of Rango from the first teaser trailer which I'm going to be fully honest, creeped me out a bit (see below). But then I learnt more about the voices and that's about as far as it went about my knowledge on this film. I've just discovered it's directed by the same director as the first 3 Pirates Of The Caribbean, which is good to know. Rango is a funny and kind of different type of film but nevertheless I thought the film dragged a hell of a lot in the middle and I found myself slightly bored at one point.  I was quite taken by the animation too, if I said it was 'stunning' I think I'd regret it in a few weeks, so for now I think the animation is pretty and different to the usual animation kids like to see. The animation worked and I thought the voices were all great, especially Johnny Depp, but that's nothing new.
 3 stars isn't a bad rating, it's worth watching, I probably would watch it again to be honest, but I'd rather that in the comfort of my own home because at the cinema, I thought the middle drooped and lost what the beginning had. But then, the ending I thought was great and I did in fact leave the cinema feeling pretty pleased with the film.
Rango is 107 minutes and The Adjustment Bureau was pretty much the same length, yet TAB had a better storyline. I think if Rango was more closer to the 90 minute mark, the film would have been slightly more enjoyable and less overlong.


Rango Teaser
Rango - Teaser Trailer 2
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...