Sunday 6 February 2011

Hi..

I haven't done a post in a while. I haven't been to see anything at the cinema which depresses me :(
So I thought I'd just do a small post about something.

Two weeks ago nearly it was the 50th Anniversary of Breakfast At Tiffany's and sadly 18 years since the beautiful Audrey Hepburn passed away.
Now many people who know me either in real life or online know my recent obsession with the Actress and now she is in fact one of my favourite Actresses ever to live and one of my role models. Her beauty and elegance are some of the things I aspire to be one day.
So for now, I'll have to speak about some of her films I have watched that I think everyone needs to see at least one of at one point of their lives.

  Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)-This was the first Audrey Hepburn film I saw and I instantly fell in love with it because of it's iconic presence it holds. Being one of Audrey's most famous film I knew it would be fantastic and it will forever remain one of my favourite films ever. The lines are so witty and storyline so 
great I think everyone has a bit of a Holly Golightly in them and that;s why this film reaches out to so many people.

 
Funny Face (1957)-This is so far the only film I've seen which shows Audrey's dancing in and I loved it. It's humorous, cute and somewhat darling. Fred Astaire is the greatest in this and I recommend it to everyone. It's a marvelous film and is a bit of a musical for me. I adore it a lot.


 
Roman Holiday (1953)-Now, the last two are black and white films which for me doesn't change a film at all but there are many people who turn away black and white films quickly. Roman Holiday is a Princess film for me because I adore Princesses and I think this tale is good. This was Audrey Hepburn's first ever role so she is a young princess in this who runs away and Gregory Peck is the very handsome man who helps her. I've only seen this film once but it's got to probably be my second favourite Audrey Hepburn film.

 
Sabrina (1954)-As I was just explaining about Princess films being one of my favourite Sabrina is very much like a Princess film. I'd say it's more Cinderella in which Sabrina is the girl who fancies the two very rich boys her Dad is a chauffeur for. After going to Paris to learn, she comes back a different woman and one of the books takes an interest in her. I liked Humphrey Bogart in this film but Audrey Hepburn is again my favourite element because I think if anything I admire her character so much because I see so much of myself in her.
I reccomend all the films above and they are if anything my favourite Audrey films and I am still making my way through a list I've been told of hers to see. 

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...