Monday 28 February 2011

83rd Academy Awards/Oscar Winners

I haven't watched the show yet, because last night I definitely needed my sleep. (Take away my sleep and I become even more moody, unsociable and angry.)


Ok, quick run down of the main categories, which I spoke about in a previous post.

And the winner is..

Best Picture - THE KING'S SPEECH

Best Director - TOM HOOPER - THE KING'S SPEECH

Best Actor - COLIN FIRTH - THE KING'S SPEECH

Best Actress - NATALIE PORTMAN - BLACK SWAN

Best Supporting Actor - CHRISTIAN BALE - THE FIGHTER

Best Supporting Actress - MELISSA LEO - THE FIGHTER

Original Screenplay - DAVID SEIDLER - THE KING'S SPEECH

Adapted Screenplay - AARON SORKIN - THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Best Animated Film - TOY STORY 3

Best Score - THE SOCIAL NETWORK - TRENT REZNOR&ATTICUS ROSS

Best Song - WE BELONG TOGETHER - TOY STORY 3

click here for a list of the full winners via Empire online

I have yet to watch the highlight show, which after I think I'll either add to this post or create a new one with my thoughts on the whole show.

I'm happy about Natalie Portman winning Best Actress. She thoroughly deserves it and I can't wait to see her win!

I'm disappointed about The Social Network not winning Best Picture, even more than I thought I would be.

Quickly looking at pictures from last night Natalie looked stunning and flawless.
Andrew Garfield looked..beautiful is the word that comes to mind? I hope I see a lot of him in the highlight show later.
The best dressed in my opinion out of what I've seen in the 30 minutes I've been up is Hailee Steinfeld. She looked gorgeous and even through I've said this a few times- the girl is 14!!

I haven't even watched the show yet but I know James and Anne are going to be hilarious! But I've seen some negative feedback online, about James so far :( But I do have a soft spot for Mr Franco so it can't be that bad for me!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...